The Information Technology Department was conceived in the year 2007 along with GIFT. The department has three high end servers and 400 terminals to cater the need of the institute. Information Technology Department of GIFT has started the movement of Robotics in the year 2008, and now it has become the part and parcel of the culture of GIFT. The Department has also taken several initiatives to bridge the gap between industry and academia by conducting several training and certification Programs, such as DB2, RAD, Oracle, .NET, to name a few. The department has also its own software development centre, which has significantly contributed for the development of CMS(college management system) and this is very effectively operational. The department is running Campus connect program by collaborating with INFOSYS.CSE & IT department is also conducting the TGMC program that has been tied up with IBM.
To evolve into a Centre of Excellence for Education and Research in Information Technology
1. Attaining academic excellence through well designed curriculum adaptable to dynamic technological needs, competent faculty and innovative teaching-learning process.
2. Promoting collaborative research through special interest groups, state of the art research labs and Industry Institute Interactions.
3. Facilitating value added courses to produce highly competent and socially conscious information technology professionals and entrepreneurs.
Program Educational Objectives
1. Graduates of the programme will be able to provide IT solutions to address the business and societal needs.
2. Graduates of the programme will contribute significantly in the technological developments of Information Technology through corporate and academic research practices.
3. Graduates of the programme will hone their professional expertise in quest for improved career opportunities through sustained learning.
4. Graduates of the programme will be able to lead a team of diversified professionals with good communication skills, leadership virtues and professional ethics.
Internet & Web Designing Lab
Advance Programming Lab
Hi tech Multimedia Lab
Advanced Architecture Lab